We are currently seeking a full-time Interior Designer to be an integral member of our team in Fairfax, Virginia. The Interior Designer will be a creative and organized professional able to work well within Moseley’s multi-discipline design teams in addition to working well independently. Direct and successful interaction with public sector clients on K12 educational projects is preferred. If you meet the following criteria, we want to hear from you.
- Four-year bachelor’s degree with a major in Interior Design from a CIDA accredited university.
- Minimum six years professional design experience with commercial and/or institutional projects.
- Completed or interested in completing NCIDQ and LEED exams.
- Attend project team meetings and provide input on items that impact the functionality and aesthetic of the building’s interior.
- Enlarged Specialty Room Layouts
- Finish Schedule Development
- Casework Design and Drawings
- Interior Architectural Details
- Interior Elevations
- Specialty Lighting Design/Recommendations
- Floor Patterns
- Accent Wall/Ceiling Plans
- Finish Specifications
- Color Package: color selection, presentation boards, finish presentation, color schedule & binders, and site/field visits
- FF&E Packages: furniture space plans including office systems furniture, engineering coordination, furniture selection, furniture finishes, coordination with building’s interior, furniture contract documents (drawings, specifications & front-end bid documents), familiarity with state and national furniture contracts, bid analysis and purchase order release assistance, furniture installation coordination/supervision, and furniture punch
- Assimilation of color palettes
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and thrive in a deadline-driven environment
- Perseverance in thorough troubleshooting and creative problem-solving
- Excellent listening, verbal, and written communication skills
- Strong graphic skills
- Knowledge of ADA and general code compliance
- Configura CET
- Microsoft Office Suite
A valid, unrestricted driver’s license and driving record, as deemed acceptable by our firm’s liability insurance carrier, must be presented and maintained.
Moseley Architects will provide a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including, employer paid: health insurance for the employee, health reimbursement account, basic life insurance, telemedicine services, payments for qualifying licenses/dues, and short/long term disability insurance. Also available to employees: dental and vision benefits, flexible/dependent care reimbursement accounts, 401(k) with employer match (temporarily suspended until further notice), supplemental employee benefits, annual/sick/personal leave, holiday pay, employee assistance and wellness programs, employee discounts, a team-oriented work environment, development opportunities, and the opportunity to support our company’s mission and continued growth.
Through Moseley’s own in-house Moseley University program, employees are provided with a platform to learn additional skills that can assist with professional development and help pave the way for future advancement, while promoting the core values and attributes that make Moseley Architects unique in the marketplace.
Please submit your cover letter, targeted résumé, and references online at http://www.moseleyarchitects.com/culture/ or via mail at 3200 Norfolk Street, Richmond, VA 23230, Attn: Human Resources.
About the Firm
Moseley Architects provides comprehensive professional architectural, engineering, and interior design solutions to clients seeking responsive and reliable facility planning and design services, as well as specialized expertise. We understand that great design is only one component of a project’s success and strive to deliver high-quality, value-based, and timely service for projects both large and small. As a result, we have maintained a reputation as one of the most trusted design firms in the Mid-Atlantic region since 1969.
Moseley Architects is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. For more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law please view “EEO is the Law Poster
”, “Pay Transparency Notice
”, and “Supplement
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable, or limited in your ability, to use or access our online application system. To request accommodation, please contact Human Resources at 804.794.7555
Moseley Architects maintains a drug free workplace.